Write a review
- For the sauce
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 75g/3oz butter, melted
- 2 large Freshfields farm egg yolks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To complete
- 2 large Freshfields Farm eggs
- 2 slices ham toasted muffins to serve
-For the sauce
- Place the vinegar in a small pan and simmer until reduced by half.
- Place the egg yolks and vinegar in a small heatproof bowl and set it over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Whisk the yolks until the mixture is thick enough to leave a ribbon trail when the whisk is lifted. Gradually whisk in the butter until the mixture has thickened. Season to taste.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and set aside. -
- Pour 5cm/2in water in a large frying pan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Carefully crack the eggs into the water and simmer for 2-3 mins or until the eggs are poached to your liking.
- Place 2 pieces of toasted muffins on each plate, top with the slices of ham, then place a poached egg on top.
- Spoon a little of the sauce over each and serve.
Freshfields Farm Eggs https://freshfields-farm-eggs.co.uk/